Friday, January 11, 2008

Gift Giving

My Knitting Goals for 2008

I'm a big believer that gifts should be fun, not useful. You need to be careful around me, because if you mention once that you like something, I make a note in my Palm. And then, when your birthday comes around, I look at that list and find something special to buy. I buy toys, games, luxuries. Things that you want but would never buy for yourself.

Today I did a silly thing. I went to Amazon.com and bought every item on one of my wish lists: Sexy Knitting. I had the list down to five books out of all the recent offerings in the realm of "sexy knitting." Domaknitrix, for example, I had browsed in person and found to be wanting. And without a second thought I purchased them all, new.

It all started with Knitting Fashions of the 40's. My mother kept requesting "fun" and frivolous things to buy for me for Christmas. I asked her to buy this book since I knew I never would - I don't think I'll knit a single pattern in this book, ever 0 but I look to look at the pictures for inspiration. It's a very feminine, Dita Von Teese thing that I love.

Then, I became obsessed. I allowed myself some "grief-shopping" and spent $90 without a though and adopted:

Naughty Needles


Romantic Hand Knits

Knitting Lingerie Style

Sexy Little Knits

Sensual Knits

Now, I find spending money promisculously very arousing, but the really sexy thing is this: I'm going to knit these things. These sexy little things. Because I am a beautiful, sexy, attractive, desirable, adorable being. And I deserve pretty little things. And whoa! How neat! If I make them myself.

So the real fun gift from me to me is not the books but that warm and fuzzy self love.

Hello, 2008!

2 comments:

Angel said...

Wow- you went book crazy. Have you made any new sexy stuff from the new books yet?

Monitor de LCD said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.