Sunday, April 8, 2007

Interweave Knits Spring 2007


This issue of Interweave Knits for Spring 2007 has strengthened my desire for a subscription. Available on the bottom of the web page is an offer for 5 issues (a year plus one) for $21 for US subscribers. When I know a magazine is going to be consistently high quality, with issues worth saving to refer to again and again, then I don't mind subscribing.

First, one item I may actually some day be able to knit: entrelac socks. Here in two colors of Koigu. It uses six skeins. I probably can't afford these socks.

Here is the lovely Swan Lake Cardigan by Joan McGowan Micheal from White Lies Designs. The added touch of sewn ruffles at the sleeve and bottom edge makes this item a standout. I would love to have this in my wardrobe to dress up or dress down. Also from a favorite designer. a tank from Wenlan Chia of Twinkle and Twinkle's Big City Knits. Although I am not fond of this tank, I had an opportunity to browse this book at a local bookstore today and found it full of original and exotic ideas. But I'm just not sure I'll be able to knit anything in the book. Another item that caught my eye was a simple skirt with lace border pattern in a denim yarn. Why am I fascinated by knit skirts? Am I just dooming myself to failure? Also, seems good on paper: a knit bandeau.
Finally, file this final pattern under the category of "Wow! I can't believe I knit that!" If I made this capelet with its cables and bobbles and delicate bobble edging, I would force innocent strangers on the street to stop and admire my mad skills.

No comments: