Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day Year Round

One of the things I like about school is that schedules keep my learning on track. Having a set dead line of homework or a test gives me the incentive to learn and process new information. I try to apply the same principles to my life, so that I can be the best person possible.

David Seah created for himself Groundhog's Day resolutions that he revisits each month. Starting with February 2nd (2/2), he continues on 3/3, 4/4, 5/5, etc. to re-assess his goals. I'm stealing this from the Flylady. This year, I am going to dedicate the 13th of each month to honor a special person in my life.

Don't wait for Mother's Day to thank the people in your life that have molded you and the ones that mother you now. Every month on the 13th for the next year; I want you to send a note to one of these people. Get out your calendar and mark this down. This way you won't forget to let them know how much you appreciate what they did and or still do for you! Don't feel sorry for yourself if your mother is no longer here. Pick someone at church or in your neighborhood that needs a kind word. It does not have to be perfect. This is just another way to Pay It Forward!!

No comments: